ClearPathGPS can keep track of maintenance schedules for your vehicles based on the Odometer, Engine Hours, or by Date. The system has two fields for Odometer, so you can set one field to keep track of Oil Changes, and the other to track Tire Rotation, for example.
First, you will need to put the service information for each vehicle into the portal. To do this:
- Navigate to Admin -> Vehicles, and select a vehicle from the list.
On the "View/Edit Vehicle Information" page you will see the following:
- Reported Odometer : This is the vehicle's current odometer reading.
- Reported Engine Hours: This is the vehicle's current engine hours.
- Maintenance Note : These appear on the "Periodic Service" report (Reports -> Maintenance Reports -> Periodic Service) and are helpful to remember the purpose of each service milestone. These Notes are specific to each vehicle, so you can keep individual vehicle notes here. (Ex. Change timing belt, needs new plugs, etc.)
- For each of the two Odometer sections below, enter the mileage of the last service and the interval until the next by clicking the "Update" buttons next to the "Last Performed at" and "Due Every" fields, respectively. Enter the mileage values and click "Save". This vehicle is set to have an oil change every 5,000 miles, and a tire rotation every 10,000 miles:
- If you would like a Maintenance interval to be based on Engine hours instead of miles, you can use the Engine hour maintenance field below:
- If you would prefer a date reminder instead of by mileage or hours, enter the date of the last and next service:
Note: The initial odometer reading is entered at the time the device is installed. It is automatically updated as the vehicle is being tracked. However, a small amount of drift from the vehicle's odometer reading is to be expected as the system calculates the odometer using GPS information. To update the reading, click "Update" under the "Vehicle Usage" -> "Reported Odometer" field.
For a Guide on How To Generate or Receive automatic Periodic Maintenance Reports, click here.