ClearPathGPS can keep track of maintenance schedules for your vehicles based on the Odometer, Engine Hours, or by Date. The system has two fields for Odometer, so you can set one field to keep track of Oil Changes, and the other to track Tire Rotation, for example.
First, you will need to put the service information for each vehicle into the portal. To do this:
- Navigate to Administration -> Vehicle Admin, and select a vehicle from the list. Click Edit
On the "View/Edit Vehicle Information" page complete the following:
- Reported Odometer : This is the vehicle's current odometer reading.
- Reported Engine Hours: This is the vehicle's current engine hours.
- Maintenance Notes : These appear on the "Periodic Service" report and are helpful to remember the purpose of each service milestone. These Notes are specific to each vehicle, so you can keep individual vehicle notes here. (Ex. Change timing belt, needs new plugs, etc.)
Here is an example of a Periodic Service Report only using one odometer reading. You'll notice that the report conveniently displays all vehicles, while the intervals and notes are specific to each vehicle.
- For each of the two Odometer sections below, enter the mileage of the last service, and the interval until the next. Going off the above example, this vehicle is set to have an oil change every 5,000 miles, and a tire inspection every 10,000 miles:
- Note: When the vehicle is serviced, click the "Check to reset to current odometer" next to the appropriate maintenance interval, and then click the "Change" button at the bottom to automatically set this to the current odometer reading.
- If you would like a Maintenance interval to be based on Engine hours, you can use the Engine hour maintenance field below:
Note: We are currently working on fixing a bug for this Eng Hours field so that it is directly editable.
- If you would prefer a date reminder instead of by mileage or hours, enter the date of the last and next service:
Note: The initial odometer reading is entered at the time the device is installed. It is automatically updated as the vehicle is being tracked. However, a small amount of drift from the vehicle's odometer reading is to be expected as the system calculates the odometer using GPS information. To update the reading enter a new value in the "Reported Odometer" field and click "Change".
For a Guide on How To Generate or Receive automatic Periodic Maintenance Reports, click here.