ClearPathGPS can keep track of maintenance schedules for your vehicles based on the Odometer or by Date. The system has two fields for Odometer, so for example you can set a field to keep track of Oil Changes and Tire Rotation separately. First, you will need to put the service information for each vehicle into the portal. To do this:
- Navigate to Administration -> Vehicle Admin, and select a vehicle from the list. Click Edit
On the "View/Edit Vehicle Information" page complete the following following:
- Reported Odometer : This is the vehicle's current odometer reading.
- Maintenance Notes : These appear on the "Vehicle Dashboard" report and are helpful to remember the purpose of each service milestone.
- For each of these two sections enter the mileage of the last service, and interval until the next.
- Note: If the vehicle has been recently serviced click the "Check to reset to current odometer" and then click the "Change" button to set this to the current odometer reading.This is the box that you will periodically go in and check when the service is done to reset the counter for that vehicle:
- If you would prefer a date reminder instead of by mileage, enter the date of the last and next service:
Note: The initial odometer reading is entered at the time the device is installed. It is automatically updated while the vehicle is being tracked. However, a small amount of drift from the vehicle's odometer reading is to be expected as the system calculates the odometer using GPS information. To update the reading enter a new value in the "Reported Odometer" field and click "Change".
To Generate or Receive automatic Periodic Maintenance Reports, click here.