Still need to install your dashcams? Check out this article on SmartWitness Installation
Need help assigning dashcams in the portal? Here's some info on our Dashcam Admin page.
Looking for more information on how to access media in the portal? See, the Dashcam Media Guide.
There are two main states for the SmartWitness KP2 dashcam.
- KP2 Dashcam is actively recording footage
- Requests for media or automatic events should be fulfilled in a timely manner
- The device is in this state whenever the engine of the vehicle is running.
- KP2 Dashcam is not recording footage
- Media cannot be requested from the dashcam when it is inactive.
- The device is in this state after a period of 5 minutes where the engine has been off.
- Dashcam will wake periodically, once an hour for a 5 minute period and enter Active Mode.
Either once installed or towards the end of the KP2 Installation you should also follow the process for enabling AI features on your SmartWitness Dashcam. To start, download the "SmartWitness KP2 Installer" application and follow the prompts.
- Scan the QR Code below or click on this link to go to the Apple App Store and download the SmartWitness KP2 Installer iOS.
- Scan the QR Code below or click on this link to to go the Google Play Store and download the SmartWitness KP2 Installer for Android.
- 1080 Road Facing / 720 Driver Facing
- KP2 Dashcams ship with a 64GB removable SD card.