If you're looking for how to set up the WEX Fuel Cards Integration, please visit this page
This feature is limited to PRO accounts only. If you're interested in learning more about our PRO feature set, check out this page.
This article details all the steps required to setup the WEX Fuel Card -> ClearPathGPS integration.
How it works:
- When drivers use their fuel card, information about the fueling event is sent to WEX
- WEX sends that information to ClearPathGPS daily.
- By assigning fuel cards to the corresponding vehicle in ClearPathGPS it can be verfieid that the vehicle was at that location for the fueling event.
- Additionally, it can be verified that the amount of fuel purchased does not exceed the capacity of the vehicle and that the correct fuel type was used.
- The vehicle fuel capacity and fuel type will need to be manually entered into your ClearPathGPS account.
To begin setting up the integration you will need to request the "Data Exchange Agreement" form from ClearPathGPS support. You can either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a request here.
Our support team will reply back with the "Data Exchange Agreement" with our portion of the agreement already filled out (the "Vendor" section).
Next, complete "Section A" with the following information:
- Account Name
- Account #
- National ID#
- Authorized Fleet Contact Name
- Phone Number
- File Sharing Details:
- Including tax reporting: Select "Yes"
- Frequency (Check all that apply): Select "Daily"
- Authorized Account Contact Signature
- Print Name
Once you've filled out all of the above information, email the form to email@example.com .
WEX will then get back to you with details of your credentials (Host, Username and Password)
Note: it may take 3-5 business days for you to receive your WEX credentials.
Once you've received your credentials, move on to 'Connecting Wex'.
- Now that you've received your credentials from WEX, navigate to the Integrations page in your ClearPathGPS account under 'Admin' and clikc 'Connect' on WEX Fuel Cards in the "Available Integrations" section.
- Here, enter your Host, Username and Password and press 'Connect
- The Connect button will briefly change to a loading wheel and then a 'Success' notification should appear in the top right hand corner of the screen. You should also see that the WEX integration panel has moved from Available Integrations to Active Integrations.
- Next you'll need to Assing Fuel Cards to vehicles.
- To begin assigning Fuel Cards to vehicles click the 'Edit Card Associations' on the Wex Fuel Card panel under Active Integrations.
Note: If you have just connected your Wex account to ClearPathGPS then fuel cards may not immediately show. Fuel cards show populate in the list within a few minutes. Additionally, fuel cards may not populate until it has been used sometime after submitting the Data Exchange agreement with Wex.
- A page should open from the right hand side of the screen showing all the fuel cards from your Wex account. The table will list the Card ID, Card Name (from Wex) and Driver Name (from Wex). The table will look something like below.
- Next associate each Fuel Card with the corresponding ClearPathGPS vehicle by clicking the drop down in the 'Vehicle Assocation' column. This will list the names of all the vehicles in your ClearPathGPS account.
Note: it is important that associations are made correctly. In many cases it's likely the ClearPathGPS vehicle names will match up in some way with the Card Name or Driver Name from your WEX account but if not, we advise using the card ID to be certain.
- While assigning cards to vehicles, you can also enter in the fuel type and tank capacity which will enable exception reporting to show when the wrong fuel type has been used or the amount of fuel purchased has exceeded the tank capacity.
- Once you have completed some or all of the associations, click the 'Save' button in the bottom right hand corner.
- A pop up will ask what historical data range to apply the card association(s) to.
- You've now completed the setup of the WEX integration! In most cases, new fueling event data is made available daily by Wex and ClearPathGPS checks hourly for this data. Within 1-3 days you should be able to see a list of fueling events under Reports -> Fleet Acitivty -> "Fueling Events" by running a group based report for 'All Vehicles'