This article covers everything you need to know about setting up and managing scheduled reports. This is a way for people to receive the data they need on a regular basis automatically, right to their email inbox. Even if you don't expect to be looking at reports on a regular basis setting up scheduled reports is a great way to be automatically collecting your own copy of the tracking data. To get a better understanding of all the different types of reports check out these pages. If you're looking to set up alerts instead of scheduled reports, check out this page.
All reports available in the platform can be automatically generated and emailed to individuals on a regular basis and in different file types (XLSX, CSV, HTML). This can be for individual or groups of assets:
- Daily (Yesterday’s data)
- Daily: Noon to Noon (Yesterday's 12:00pm to Today 11:59pm, sent afternoon of Today)
- Weekly (Monday through Sunday’s data, sent Monday morning)
- Weekly (Wednesday through Tuesday’s data, sent Friday morning)
- Weekly (Thursday through Wednesday's data, sent Thursday morning)
- Weekly (Friday through Thursday's data, sent Friday morning)
- Weekly (Saturday through Friday’s data, sent Saturday morning)
- Weekly (Sunday through Saturday’s data, sent Sunday morning)
- Weekdays Only (Monday through Friday’s data, sent Saturday morning)
- Monthly (Previous Month’s data,)
- Quarterly (Previous 3 Months’ data)
Reports will be sent the morning after your selected time period at 3am PST (6am EST). However, the Noon-noon report is sent at 3pm PST (6pm EST).
To view all of the existing scheduled reports already setup in the account navigate to Reports->Scheduled reports.
From here you can see a table of all the scheduled reports that have already been created. Scheduled Reports are company wide. Deleting or making modifications will affect them for all users within your company.
- You can select an existing report to edit it by clicking on the scheduled reports name or by clicking the and selecting edit; this menu also gives you the ability to duplicate or delete the report.
- A report can be temporarily disabled by toggling the button in the Active column
- To begin creating a new scheduled report click the button in the top right hand corner.
- Other columns show what the scheuduled report is, what interval scheduled it is set to, what individual asset or group of assets its run for and the recipients.
To start creating a scheduled report to be received on a regular basis you can either go to the table describe in the Admin section above and select 'Schedule a Report' or you can start by running a report and selecting the 'Schedule Report' button that shows in below the Advanced Options section.
- By selecting the 'Schedule Report' button after running a report the Report Options will be prefilled based on the report you just ran.
- To finish the creation of the scheduled report, complete the following steps:
- Select or verify that the Report options show the type of report and paramters that you want it to have.
- In the example below, a Virtual Timecard report has been selected to be run for the Group of vehicles called 'Trucks' and the Based On section specifies All Stops (these options will change depending on the type of report you're running). The Exclude inactive vehicles box is checked, this means that the report will not show include a header for vehicles that have no data.
- Next, give the scheduled report a unique name
- Select the 'Schedule Time/Period' that you want the report to run for. This sets the time frame for the data that will be included in the report and how frequently you will receive it. See the Overview section at this top of this article for more details on the different options.
- Choose a format that the schedule report will be sent as. XLSX, CSV, or HTML.
- Finally, add the email addresses of who should receive the report. You can add multiple by selecting the 'Add Another Email Address'. You can remove an address by clicking the X icon
- Click 'Save' and you're done!
- If you want to create multiple reports of the same type but for different groups of assets to go to different recipients you can duplicate the scheduled report for more efficient scheduled report creation. See 'Duplicating' below.
- To make changes to existing scheduled reports navgiate to Reports->Scheduled reports
- You can edit a schedule report by clicking on its name or by clicking the and selecting edit.
- From here, you are given access to the same options as when Creating an alert and can make changes as needed.
Using the duplicate feature is an efficient way to create a large number of scheduled reports. This is useful when you might want the same type of report to go to certain recipients but only for a specific asset or group of assets.
- To duplicate a scheduled report click the at the end of the row and select 'Duplicate'.
- A pop up window will show with all of the settings of the existing report prefilled.
- Make the necessary changes to make the new scheduled report unique, including changing it's name (when you first duplicate the scheduled report it will have the same name as previous but with 'Copy of' added at the beginning).
- Click save and the new scheduled report will be created.
Deleting scheduled reports is easy but if you just want to turn it off temporarily then we recommend simply toggling the 'Active' button so that it turns grey. To delete a scheduled report click the at the end of the row and select 'Delete'.