Geozones are easy to set up and provide a number of benefits:
- The ability to run a report based on a location, rather than a specific vehicle or group of vehicles. This is convenient for tallying hours spent at a location for billing/payroll, or quickly finding out what time vehicles arrived or departed a location.
- Makes Reports and Map easier to read with Geocoding. Instead of ‘1234 West Main Street’ address will read ‘Main Yard’
- Alerts can be further specified by location. For example ‘After Hours’ alert can be modified to ‘After Hours but not in Main Yard’ (Note: Live alerts are for Pro accounts only)
- Gezones can be grouped with tags: You can run a report on all zones tagged 'Fuel Station' or 'Bill to City' or 'Home Depot' etc.
New Geozones can be created in three ways:
- From the Geozone List on the Map, using the button
- From the Geozone Admin Table page, using thebutton
- From the Vehicle Panel on the Map, using the button
When creating a Geozone, you can use a starting location of:
- An address
- A Lat/Long
- Points of Interest (“Home Depot” or a specific business name)
TIP: Toggle on “Show Geozones” to ensure you aren’t creating Geozones that overlap with pre-existing Geozones.
- The Dispatch Marker is a point used to indicate the entrance to the Geozone, and is used as the location in the “Text Geozone” feature on the Map.
- If the Dispatch Marker is not moved, it will use the original starting location of the Geozone. The Dispatch Marker can be outside the Geozone.
- The Dispatch Marker is useful for locations that have a specific entry point such as a back gate, or locations with no address such as a rock quarry.
Under Admin -> Geozones -> selected geozone -> Map/Zone, you can change the size, shape, and pin number/location of the selected zone:
- When editing a Geozone, points can be dragged and dropped on the map, or updated with a specific Lat/Long.
- Geozones can be circles or polygons, and the shape can be changed between the two. When using the circle Geozone feature, the radius is measured in meters or miles.
Under the Settings Tab there are a number of additional options:
Category - Enter a category to group types of GeoZones. This can be used to run alerts and reports based on that category
Active - Inactive Geozones will not be accessible anywhere in the system and will not be tracked
Limit to Vehicle Group - Select a group if you only want the GeoZone to apply to a certain group of vehicles, otherwise leave as "All Vehicles"
Speed Limit Inside Zone- Set a custom speed limit for the zone if desired.
Override Addresses with Geozone Name - The address of tracker activity in this zone will be overwritten with the description of this GeoZone. Example: "Yard" instead of "2134 W. Main St"
Hide on Maps - The zone will not show on the map
Track Arrivals/Departures - When these boxes are checked, you will see 'Arrive' and 'Depart' events as pins on the map and as lines in Reports when a vehicle enters or exits a Geozone
Geozone Note - Leave notes for other users, or to send with the “Text Location” feature
To show Geozones on the Map, navigate to the Geozone List and toggle the “Show Geozones” button to green
Use the search feature to search for Geozone Names and Categories
As you search, the results will filter down to a smaller list, and the Map will also show filtered results
Use the filter feature to show Geozones of a specific color