The Dashcam Admin page allows you to view and make changes to all of the dashcams in your account.
On this page you can do things like naming dashcams, assigning dashcams to vehicles, view last communication and adjust dashcam settings.
Having dashcams assigned to vehicles in the portal is required for the service to function as designed so be sure to check out this process below!
An essential step in deploying dashcams across your fleet is to ensure that the dashcam device is assigned to the corresponding tracking device (the hardwired or OBDII GPS unit) that's installed in the vehicle. To complete this step, please see below.
Note: Media will not show or be saved in the web portal until a dashcam is assigned.
- During installation of the dashcams you will have been prompted to take note of either the serial number, IMEI or "Activation Number" of the unit.
- On the Dashcam Admin table you will see two columns called "Serial #" and "Activation #". If you do not see these columns, try clicking the three dots in the top right hand corner of the table and selecting 'Edit Table columns'; then turn on the missing columns.
- Depending on which type of dashcam you have, at least one of these numbers will correspond with a number printed on the device (either the Serial Number - sometimes called the "ESN", or the IMEI number of the device).
- If you already have the numbers of the dashcams and the corresponding vehicle that it went into you can start assigning dashcams.
- Using one of these numbers you can search for the device in the correspoding column; the "Name" column will originally show either the Serial Number or IMEI of the device also.
- Once you've found the corresponding dashcam that you need to assign, click on the hyper linked blue name link, or click the 3 dots and select Edit Dashcam.
- On the right hand side of that dashcams page you'll see a section called "Assigned Vehicle Information".
- Click the drop down and search for the corresponding vehicle that you wanto to assigned it to.
- Then select 'Save' in the top right hand corner.
- The dashcam is now assigned!
There are a number of settings that can be changed remotely on a per dashcam basis. Settings available for adjusment vary based on dashcam model. To read more about dashcam settings, you can check out this article or see below for a basic overview.
- To adjust the settings on a specific dashcam, navigate to the device you want to change and then click then either click the blue hyperlinked 'Name' of the dashcam in the left most column or click the three dots and select Edit Dashcam.
- On the right hand side bleow "Assigned Vehicle Information" you should see a section called 'Camera Settings'.
- This area will display the current known settings of the dashcam as well as an option to "Adjust On-Camera Settings"; click this and a window will open displaying different toggles for settings that can be changed.
- Make any necessary adjustments and then click 'Update Settings'.
- This will update the saved settings. Most settings changes will take immediate effect if the dashcam is online or the next time the unit comes online.
- The 'Last Communication' field that shows on the Dashcam Admin page reflects the last time a dashcam device communicated with our portal. This could be reflective of a dashcam responding that is online, sending media or doing another type of check in.
- If a dashcam is online and the vehicle is being driven regularly it can be expected that most dashcams should have a Last Communication within the last 48-72 hours. On the Dashcam Admin table, you can sort by this column to look for dashcam devices that may no longer be installed or possibly have an issue.