Still need to install your dashcams? Check out this article on Xirgocam Installation
Need help assigning dashcams in the portal? Here's some info on our Dashcam Admin page.
Looking for more information on how to access media in the portal? See, the Dashcam Media Guide.
There are three main 'states' that a Xirgocam can be in when installed in a vehicle.
- Xirgocam is actively recording footage
- Requests for media or automatic events should be fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Xirgocam is not actively recording footage but will 'wake' (switch to Active Mode from Guard Mode) when motion is detected.
- This generally includes things like opening of the car door, a bump on the vehicle window, etc.
- Device enters guard mode after a period of 6 minutes of no motion being detected.
- Green light on the front of the dashcam pulses while in guard mode
- Cellular connectivity may be limited but most dashcams in Guard Mode will respond as 'Online' via the web portal and should fulfill requests.
Low Power Mode
- To mitigate the amount of power draw from a vehicle's battery Xirgocams can also enter this state. This occurs when:
- The device has been in Guard Mode for a period of 72 hours.
- The detected battery voltage is below 12.0V for more than 8 minutes
- In this state, the dashcam is essentially off
- Dashcam will not respond as online from the web portal, will not wake from guard mode and has no cellular connection.
- Once the vehicle is started, the Xirgocam will boot up and enter Active Mode.
To enable AI functionality on Xirgocam hardware please complete the following steps.
1. Ensure your dashcam is securely mounted in as centralized position as possible in the vehicle.
For additional details on best mounting practices, check out this article.
2. Take note of the height at which the dashcam is installed in the vehicle; this value should be entered under the camera settings page to improve AI event accuracy.
3. Navigate to to the dahcam admin page to start turning on AI features under Camera Settings.
- 1080 Road Facing / 720 Driver Facing
- P4 Dashcams - Most units shipped after March 2021
- P1 Dashcams - Most units shipped prior to March 2021