Creating groups for your vehicles is recommended to get the most out of the ClearPathGPS system. When you create groups for your vehicles you will be able to view groups on the map page, run reports based on the groupings, set up alerts specific to a group, apply GeoZones based on groups and much more. Only users with permission levels set to Manager or Admin are authorized to manage groups.
- Navigate to Admin->Groups
- In the top right hand corner select
- Give the group a unique name (e.g. Vans, Pickups, Equipment, Residential) and click 'Save'.
- Now that the group is made, see the next section on adding your tracked assets to the group.
- Each tracking device or asset can be assigned to multiple groups
- Groups can be used to limit a User's access to only a certain devices or assets.
- To add or remove vehicles from a group, start by clicking on the group's name.
- Devices that are already members of the group show on the left side. To remove a unit click the
- Devices that can be added to the group show on the right side. To add a unit click the .
- Search for an asset to add or remove using the search boxes on the left or right.
- Click "Save" when you are done editing the group
- In some cases it may be more efficient to use the 'Add all' button and then remove certain assets from the group.