REPORTS can be run manually any time by navigating to the Reports tab in the portal. They can be run for whatever time range you desire, for an individual vehicle, a group of vehicles, or for your entire fleet.
If you are finding that you are frequently running the same report, we can set it up so that the report is periodically emailed to you.
Periodic Reports can be set to be automatically generated and emailed to you:
- Daily (Yesterday’s data)
- Weekly (Monday through Sunday’s data, sent Monday morning)
- Weekly (Wednesday through Thursday’s data, sent Friday morning)
- Weekly (Saturday through Friday’s data, sent Saturday morning)
- Weekly (Sunday through Saturday’s data, sent Sunday morning)
- Last Monday through Friday’s data (sent Saturday morning)
- Monthly (Previous Month’s data,)
- Quarterly (Previous 3 Months’ data)
The reports will be run by our system at 3am EST and emailed the day after the time range you selected to whatever email address(es) you decide,.
Here are some typical Periodic Reports that ClearPathGPS customers find useful:
- Virtual Timecard: Lists a summary of each stop a vehicle makes, along with its duration and mileage. Often sent daily or weekly. More info here.
- Geozone Report: A report summarizing the amount of time each vehicle spent in a particular geozone, as well as the arrival/departure times.
- Vehicle Maintenance Report: A summary of vehicles and their upcoming or overdue services. More info here.
- Vehicle Behavior Report (Pro accounts only): A summary of all vehicles and the number of their speeding, hard braking, excessive acceleration and cornering events for a period of time.
ALERTS are often referred to as Live Alerts as they are sent out via email, text message, or both, the moment an event occurs. Alerts are available only for our Pro Level customers, see here for more info.
Some common alerts are:
- Power Disconnect Alert: Device has been unplugged or lost power. (Note, this particular alert is available for our Standard customers also)
- Harsh Driving Alert: Excessive Acceleration, Cornering, or Harsh Braking
- Excessive Speeding: Vehicle is speeding above X miles per hour
- OBD Fault Codes: Vehicle’s OBD port is reporting the following fault code
- Geozone Arrival Alert: A vehicle has arrived at a Geozone
- Geozone Departure Alert: A vehicle has departed a Geozone
- Maintenance Due Alert: A vehicle has an upcoming maintenance milestone
- Excessive Idling: Vehicle has been idling for X minutes
- After Hours Alert: Vehicle is moving outside of operating hours set by customer
- Low Vehicle Battery Alert: Vehicle battery voltage is low
Note: We work closely with our customers to set up Reports and Alerts that work best for their business and industry. It is important to note that a Periodic Report is often easier to manage than a series of live alerts. For example, rather than getting a text or email every time a vehicle is speeding, it might be preferable to receive a weekly report of the fleet with the number of speeding events per vehicle. Or if a vehicle hits a maintenance interval while driving during the night, the recipient will receive the alert live. It is often more convenient to receive a timely summary of vehicles showing those with upcoming maintenance due. We recommend selecting live alerts for events that the customer would like to be notified of immediately.
After Alerts have been set up, to change who receives them, please see this guide.
If you would like Periodic Reports or Live Alerts set up for your account, please contact support.