Users with Admin and Manager level permissions can create and edit groups of vehicles.
Creating groups for your vehicles is recommended to get the most out of the ClearPathGPS system. When you create groups for your vehicles you will be able to view groups on the map page, run reports based on the groupings, set up alerts specific to a group, apply GeoZones based on groups and much more.
A video on how to create groups and assign vehicles to the group can be found below. Written instructions follow the video.
Quick Tip: The Group itself is created, named and deleted in the "Group Admin" page, but individual trackers are added to the group via the "Vehicle Admin" page.
- To create a group navigate to the "Administration" tab and select "Group Admin"
- In the top right hand corner enter a group ID (i.e. servicevehicles, pickuptrucks, etc) and click 'New'
- The group ID should not include any spaces
- You can give the group a proper name and format it once you have created it (i.e. Service Vehicles, Pick Up Trucks)
- Once you have clicked 'New' the group should show up in the table.
- You can now select the group and name it by clicking the edit button
- Add the name of your group and select Change to save the edit
- To add vehicles to groups now navigate to "Administration" ->"Vehicle Admin"
- Select a tracker you want to add to a group by clicking the circle in the left hand column for a particular vehicle and press edit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the section that says "Group Membership"
- Select the group or groups you want to add that tracker/vehicle to and click change to save.
- Trackers can have multiple group assignments.
- Once you have added all the vehicles you want to the group you can navigate back the group admin page to see them assigned to that group.