All ClearPathGPS devices operate using GPS satellites to determine location and then transmit the data over a cellular data connection.
A device may get behind or appear stuck simply because it has gone out of cellular coverage range. This is the same as your cell phone not operating correctly if you are in a particularly rural, remote, or mountainous area.
- Even if the device is out of cellular coverage it will continue to store the tracking data / location information and once it is back in cellular coverage it will fill in / transmit this data.
- If a device is just 30 minutes to a few hours behind then this is likely the reason it appears to be "stuck".
- If you are concerned this is not the issue or if the device has been stuck for an extended period of time, please contact out support team so we can diagnose further.
- If a device is not updating and it is unlikely to be a cellular coverage issue then the tracker is either not updating because it has lost power or because it is not detecting ignition.
- Ignition detection for Covert and OBD devices is essential for ensuring the device can track the vehicle.
- Power is also essential for the device to be able to record and transmit tracking data.
ClearPathGPS support personnel are extremely knowledgeable of all devices provided to customers. If you have any concern or would like to understand more about the tracking behavior of any device just reach out to our support team over the phone or send us an email.