Note: DriverID requires a Pro Edition subscription. Please contact your ClearPathGPS Sales Representative for more information.
DriverID allows drivers to be created in the ClearPathGPS system and assigned to vehicles. Maps (both real time and historic), the Virtual Timecard report, and ProPack Event Detail reports automatically display the assigned driver for every trip.
In addition, reports can be run for:
- Event Details based on the driver instead of the vehicle
- Driver Safety Event Reports
- Driver Behavior Reports based on speeding, hard breaking, cornering, etc.
- Expiring driver's licenses
- Vehicle assignment by driver.
For Details on Driver ID Reporting, click here (To Be Created)
Assigning drivers to vehicles can be performed in one of two ways:
- Using key fobs: The vehicles need to have a hardwired tracker and a Driver ID Kit, which is extra hardware that includes a fob reader and a buzzer. When the vehicle is started a buzzer will sound until the driver touches his fob to the reader. The information is transmitted to ClearPathGPS and the driver assignment is automatically updated.
- Manually assigning the driver to a vehicle: If your vehicles aren't equipped with the Driver ID kit, it is possible to manually assign the driver to the vehicle in the portal. (See: Vehicle Assignment below)
Note: If drivers are using a Driver ID Kit, the manual assignment option is no longer possible - the fob will override manual assignments.
Select Administration -> Driver Admin.
- Fob : A list of fobs provided by ClearPathGPS will be displayed. The "Driver ID" number matches the id's printed on each fob. Edit the fob's to add the details of the driver you're giving the fob to.
- Manual : In the 'Driver ID' box in the top right, enter an id (e.g. johnjones, or an id number, e.g. 145) for the driver you wish to create. The id cannot have spaces. Click "New.' This driver now exists and can be manually assigned to a vehicle.
Note: When provided, "Driver Nickname" is used on Maps instead of the "Driver Name". For example, John Jones, could be assigned a nickname of JohnJ or JJ.
- Fob : Assignment is fully automatic once the driver touches the fob to the in-cab reader.
- Manual :
- Navigate to Administration -> Driver Admin
- Select the Driver you wish to assign and click Edit
- Select the vehicle you wish to assign the driver to from the "Vehicle ID" drop down.
- Click Change
To view who is assigned to which vehicle, Either:
- Select Administration->Vehicle Admin:
- Select Reports -> Driver Detail -> Driver Report